Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Is file conversion free on the site?
- Are the files sent to the site safe?
- Is it possible to convert multiple files at once?
- Do you have the legal right to exploit my files?
- The conversion of a file failed
- I'm having a problem when downloading a file
- Does this service work on Mac OS or Linux platforms?
- I no longer have access to the converted file
1) Is file conversion free on the site?
Our service offers a free online converter for unlimited conversions without any subscription or installation!
2) Are the files sent to the site safe?
Here are the precautions we take to protect your files:
- We do not save any copies of original documents
- The source file is immediately deleted from our servers after its conversion and no data concerning its contents is saved or communicated to third parties.
- The contents of the files are not scanned.
- The converted file is only downloaded via the URL we provide after the conversion. This URL can't be offered or transmitted to a third party.
- You keep the copyright and ownership of the source file and the converted file.
3) Is it possible to convert multiple files at once?
You can convert many files at once. The limit is fixed to 5 files.
4) Do you have the legal right to exploit my files?
We do not try to obtain rights to use your files because they are deleted after one hour maximum. In other words, you remain the owner of the imported and converted files, so we have no rights of ownership or exclusivity over your content.
5) The conversion of a file failed
If the conversion process outputs more than one file (e.g. you have converted a PSD file with layers to JPEG), all created files will be compressed into one file and offered in one download. You can uncompress this file e.g. with 7 ZIP.
6) I'm having a problem when downloading a file
Some reasons may explain the failure in a conversion:
- The converter does not understand the source format.
- The source file is corrupt. This happens, for example, when important metadata can not be found. If, for any reason, the saving of the file during the recording is stopped (for example due to a power failure, an already full storage space ...), this metadata is not written. Without this metadata, the file is impossible for us to convert.
- Codecs in the file format container that usually work, can not be converted for various reasons.
Si vous pensez avoir trouver un problème dans la conversion, n'hésitez à nous envoyer un message via la page contact.
7) Does this service work on Mac OS or Linux platforms?
Yes - because this service is provided through a web browser interface, so it is functional on Mac and Linux.
8) I no longer have access to the converted file
The link we provide you to retrieve for your converted file is valid for a certain time (1 hour maximum). For security reason, this link can only be used via the same IP from the device that sent the source file to the server. You can not share the link of the converted file.